Yomi is a fighting game in card form and it's the competitive card game you should be playing. Just like in a fighting game, you have to learn your character's strengths and weaknesses, read your opponents' tendencies, and land combos when you can. Yomi is highly balanced at the expert level, and it expresses the values of a fair competitive game. You always have a full strength deck on an even playfield with your opponents.
Yomi has 20 characters, each with their own unique abilities and playstyles, leading to a whopping 210 different matchups.
Tournament Stream on April 11th
To celebrate the upcoming Steam release of Yomi, we're having a tournament this weekend. If you’re new to Yomi & want to learn more, subscribe to SirlinGames on Twitch, and tune into our pre-release tournament stream this Saturday, April 11th! We’ll be doing live play-by-play of all the matches, so it’s a great chance to pick up on strategies and learn about the different characters. And if you’re a Yomi pro already, there are still spots open in the tournament so sign up now in this thread. (it’s open to web & iOS players too!)
Yomi on Steam
Yomi is packed with features.
- Runs natively on Mac, PC, and Linux (new!)
- Cross-platform play with players on iOS or the web
- Cards have 4x the resolution as the web version!
- Issue challenges to people on your Steam friend list
- Play offline (vs bots) for the first time
There's also a huge new feature called "inscribed cards." Every single Yomi card can be upgraded to an inscribed card that records your exploits! Whenever you use an inscribed card, it remembers a LOT of statistics about its fate. For example:
- How often do you hit with Dragonheart?
- Do your Stone Walls reflect a lot of damage?
- How many cards do you get with Flagstone Tax?
- How often do your Crash Bombs backfire?
- And much, much more!
You can upgrade your cards even more with GOLD inscribed cards. These gold foils are sparkly and shiny. They have no gameplay advantage of course, because it wouldn't make sense to have a competitive game where some players had weaker cards, but wow are they stylish!
You get inscribed cards (and occasionally gold ones!) just from playing the game. You can also buy packs of them and even scrap unwanted cards into dust that you can use to craft any particular inscribed (or gold inscribed) card that you want.
Even More Features
The Steam version of Yomi has some more great features that we've had in the other versions for a while now.
- Bots with two different difficulty settings
- An endless Survival mode
- A leaderboard system that lets you graduate through the student ranks, then compete in the master ranks. It gives the feeling of progression, but it's ultimately completely fair Elo behind the scenes.
- Save and watch replays of your games.
- Watch replays from any players, including the top players on the leaderboards!
- Powerful EX versions of all characters
Every character has an overpowered EX version. The EX characters are not intended for competitive play, but they're really fun to mess around with. They all have new character cards with more powerful abilities, and a new rank of face cards called Destiny cards that give them a new special move of some sort. The destiny card are really flavorful too, letting each character do more of what they always wished they could. EX characters can also use the power up mechanic to get ANY cards from their deck, not just Aces.
You can play against AI that uses EX characters and you can unlock them to play in 1p modes. You can also directly buy them if you want them more quickly. We're also announcing the price of directly buying EX characters is now 80% off! They're just 99 cents rather than $5.
Sign up for the Sirlin Games newsletter to get all the latest news about our games, and to find out when the Yomi release date for Steam is announced!